What Do I Need to Hire a Car?
A Valid Driver’s License
- In order to be allowed to drive the hire car, all drivers must be present during pick up and must present an original copy of their valid driver’s license.
- Some car hire companies may also require an international license. This can be checked under section ‘C’ in the local terms of hire, available during the booking process.
- These terms also state for how long the driver has had to be in possession of a driving license. The minimum requirement is usually two years.
A Credit Card in the Name of the Main Driver
- At the station, the deposit required will be blocked on the main driver’s credit card. This amount will be then unblocked after returning the vehicle. The deposit amount is most often listed in section ‘C’ of the local terms of hire, as well as whether American Express is accepted or not.
- Please make sure that your credit card has enough funds available in order to have the full amount properly blocked.
- Occasionally, the local hire company might require two credit cards for larger or more expensive luxury vehicles. This information would also be available in the local terms of hire.
Credit Card Payment with CarDelMar
It is only possible to make a reservation with CarDelMar with a valid credit card. As soon as the local car hire company confirms the car request, we will charge your card.
- Should you later wish to cancel this initial booking and make a completely new one, we will fully refund your first booking charge the new amount from the same card.
- In cases where you cancel your booking, the rental price will be refunded automatically in full, unless a cancellation fee applies.
CarDelMar accepts the following credit cards:
- MasterCard, VISA, American Express
Please make sure that your credit card complies with online transactions and that the limit is sufficient for the entirety of the rental price.
Minimum / Maximum Age
- A Minimum Age is always required to hire a car, and in most cases that age is 21.
- For larger, or more expensive, car categories, the minimum age may even be 23 or 24. Some hire companies offer the possibility to purchase a “Young Driver’s Insurance” if you are under the age of 24 and still want to be seen driving that convertible.
- Please be sure to see exactly how much this will cost in terms of hire section ‘C’, to be sure you still have enough pocket money for your holiday!