Comprehensive Coverage / Theft Coverage
The rental price quoted by CarDelMar includes fully comprehensive cover, or similar, in respect of damage to the car hire, together with theft coverage. Attention should be paid to the information listed on the voucher regarding the scope of the cover and any exclusions.
If the local rental company only offers cover with excess, it will retain the agreed excess amount in the event of damage; this sum will be deducted from your deposit. The excess shall be held by the local rental company and charged to your credit card. The amount of excess differs from country to country. Please note the terms issued by the local hire company. In the case of damage, the excess amount shall be deducted from your deposit and charged to your credit card. CarDelMar will, however, refund the excess to you.
CarDelMar will refund the excess to you except in cases of:
Please note: when booking the Coverage with refund of Excess including Glass & Tyres (All-Inclusive Plus) package you can also claim for any damage to glass, windows, wheels and tyres.
The above examples are not included under fully comprehensive cover, which means in these cases that you are liable for the excess. It is, however, possible to take out additional insurance, in the form of super LDW (for more information please see under heading: Additional Insurance.
Consequential costs such as vehicle recovery fees, service fees, hotels, telephone charges etc. are not generally refunded. CarDelMar can not be held liable if total car hire period is hindered and/or reduced due to a vehicle breakdown.
How do I reclaim my excess?
In case of damage, please respect the followin procedure:
- Contact the car hire agency immediately
- If a third party is involved contact the local police, who will issue a report. Please submit this report to CarDelMar on your return.
- When you return the hired vehicle, make sure the car hire agency compiles a damage report signed by the local car hire company representative and yourself. Please submit this report to CarDelMar on your return.
To obtain a refund of the excess, send the following documents to CarDelMar:
- The damage report signed by the local car hire company representative(s) and yourself.
- The police report and a copy of the rental contract
- Written proof of the deposit payment (cash or credit card).
We ask our customers to note that no refund can be given if the local insurance (Partial or Complete Coverage) refuses to meet the claim. In these cases it must be assumed that the damage has been caused by an act of gross negligence. No insurance is necessary for the handling of the excess locally. Terms and conditions of the local car hire company appl local car hire company apply.
Back to Coverage Packages