Claims settlement and complaints procedures
Please feel free to contact us if you are in any way dissatisfied with your car rental or if your car has been damaged. Below you will find full details of our procedure for dealing with such cases.
Refund of the excess
If you have purchased one the following packages, you may be entitled to a refund of excess.
- Coverage with refund of Excess (All-Inclusive),
- Coverage with refund of Excess including Glass & Tyres (All-Inclusive Plus)
- Coverage with refund of Excess including Extra Driver & Full Tank (All-Inclusive Gold)
In order to begin the refund process, please send the following documents to CarDelMar:
- The damage report signed by the local rental company and by you.
- The police report.
- A copy of the rental contract.
- Proof that the deposit was paid in cash or charged to your credit card e.g. A credit card statement showing that the card was debited.
- A detailed evaluation of the damage.
Exceptions to the refund of the excess
- Damage due to failure to observe the general terms and conditions of rental, especially damage caused by driving on dirt roads
- Damage due to drink driving or gross negligence
- Loss of, or damage to, the car keys
- Damage to the tyres, wheels, mirrors or glass, when one has not purchased Coverage with refund of Excess including Glass & Tyres (All-Inclusive Plus)
- Damage to roof or undercarriage
- Losses resulting from the theft of personal belongings left in the hire car
- Damage to the clutch
- All consequential losses e.g. vehicle recovery costs, hotel costs and the loss of personal belongings.
If you are not completely satisfied by either the rental car or the service, please do not hesitate to contact us. We place great emphasis on customer satisfaction and strive to enhance our customer service.
- You can use our web-based customer service program (https://www.cardelmar.co.uk/service/customerservice.jsp) to upload documents for a complaint or vehicle damage. Tell us about your concerns including as much detail as possible.
- Alternatively, you can send us the documents by mail or fax.
- You can find out the current status of your request by using the web-based customer service program or by calling our customer service team.
Tip: Be sure to keep all receipts!