Which Coverage Package Should I Choose?
CarDelMar offers the Following Coverage Packages:
- Coverage with Excess (Standard Package)
- Coverage with refund of Excess (All Inclusive Package)
- Coverage with refund of Excess including Glass and Tyres (All Inclusive Plus Package)
- Coverage with refund of Excess including Extra Driver and Full Tank (All Inclusive Gold Package)
Details on each Coverage Package can be found here.
What is Excess?
- Should a damage or accident occur while on holiday, it is nice to keep in mind that the house does not have to be put up for sale. Most local car hire companies will initially ask for a very reasonable sum as deposit (compared to the value of the hire car you are given), and this is the maximum they are allowed to take in the event of a normal damage. This amount, almost always equal to the deposit, is also called the ‘Excess.’ The amount of the Excess will depend on the type of car you have hired, as well as from which local partner you have desired to hire. Information on Excess/Deposit amounts can be found in local terms of hire under section ‘B.’
- CarDelMar offers a selection of low price Coverage Packages that allow you to receive a reimbursement of your Excess/Deposit in the event that some is taken by the local car hire company for repairs after a damage.
- This means that the cost for the damage will first be deducted by the local car hire partner from the amount blocked on your credit card, and an invoice explaining the damage will be given to you on site, or sent to you shortly. Then, as soon as you send this document to CarDelMar, along with a credit card statement showing the amount taken for the damage, we will refund that amount to you.
- CarDelMar recommends at least the Coverage Package ‘Coverage without Excess’ (All Inclusive), which will allow us to reimburse you for the vast majority of damages to your hire car. Naturally, the more coverage you purchase, the more we are able to reimburse you.
If you are charged for glass or tyre damage, this can only be reimbursed if you have taken out ‘Coverage including Glass and Tyres’ (All Inclusive Plus Package).