Which Local Station should I Choose?
Some local car hire companies have quite an extensive network of stations.
- CarDelMar also offers the choice of hiring from a local car company in many places, which are often less expensive. The only downside is, such companies may not have quite as many stations. Prices may also vary, even between two car hire stations of the same company in the same town. The availability of vehicles is almost always greater at airport stations, as well, which may be good to keep in mind if you are in a popular holiday destination.
If your pick up location in one town can be flexible, CarDelMar recommends comparing the prices between stations before booking.
One Way Fees
Flying to Barcelona, but planning a costal drive all the way down to Valencia?
- When dropping off at a different station, it is important to note that most local car hire companies will charge an additional one way fee. Please note, many car hire companies do not exist in all locations, and may not be available in your desired destination. Especially if you have chosen a cheaper car hire company, you may only find them in the major cities of your holiday country.
- Once you have found a car hire company that allows you to select your desired drop off destination, there is the question of cost. A few local car hire companies have this cost already included, while most charge you additionally at the end of your rental. In order to see the cost of this one way charge before booking, please call CarDelMar or look in section E of the local terms and conditions.
Hotel deliveries are possible to request in most locations, during the booking process.
- Hotel deliveries must be requested before the day of pick up, and confirmed by the local hire company.
- Please choose the station as near as possible to your hotel, as the cost of your hotel delivery will depend on the distance the car is delivered to you. To determine whether hotel delivery is available and what the cost will be, please call CarDelMar or look in section C of the local terms and conditions.
Airport Station Pick -Up
Not all local car hire companies have a counter directly in the airport terminal.
- Some car hire companies are located just a stone’s throw away, and offer a short shuttle bus ride to reach their car park and counter. The shuttle bus will only take a few minutes at most, and will not be difficult to find.
- A friendly customer service representative from the car hire company will be there to meet you, and take you on your way. This is why your flight details are required during the booking process, so that the car hire representative can keep an eye on when your flight arrives.
- During the booking process, the information concerning whether the car hire company has a shuttle bus or not will be available in a Pop-up called ‘Station Details.’
- Here you will be able to decide whether you would like to enjoy a slightly lower price, and take a shuttle bus, or whether you prefer the convenience of having a counter directly in the terminal.