How can I have my excess refunded?
When choosing any of the below coverage packages, CarDelMar will refund the excess:
- „fully comprehensive cover with refund of excess“ (All Inclusive Package)
- „fully comprehensive cover with refund of excess, including glass and tyres” (All Inclusive Plus Package)
- „fully comprehensive cover with refund of excess, including additional driver and full tank of fuel” (All Inclusive Gold Package)
In order to process your refund, please send the following documents to CarDelMar:
- Damage Report, signed by the local car hire company and yourself
- Police Report
- A copy of your Rental Agreement
- A copy of your Credit Card Statement giving proof of deposit charge
- The detailed Damage Invoice
Please note that claims for reimbursement from CarDelMar must be made within one month after the incident. After the deadline, claims against CarDelMar may only be made if you can show you have been prevented from meeting the deadline. Please understand that a refund will be refused should the insurance taken out beforehand (partial or fully comprehensive) not cover the main damage. These cases give reason to assume gross negligent behaviour. It is not necessary to take out an additional insurance locally that will completely relieve one from paying any deposit. Such cases are subject to the local car hire company’s terms and conditions.
What happens in case of accident?
Coverage with refund of Excess package:
What is included in the Coverage with refund of Excess package?
Back to FAQs